simulation software

Mike Miller mbmiller at SIRRONALD.WUSTL.EDU
Fri Dec 1 17:53:54 EST 1995

Have members of this list used software to simulate genetic transmission
of disease (or other) traits?  I'm interested in hearing about all sorts
of software, but am most interested in software that can simulate
transmission of complex disease in general pedigrees with marker data at
multiple loci.  The software doesn't need to be fully developed and
supported.  If it exists in any form or stage of development, I'd like to
hear about it.

Here is one place (NMSR) that has developed some software and is
continuing to do so, especially for genetic epidemiology:

http://www.nmsr.labmed.umn.edu/nmsr/NMSR.html

"The National Micropopulation Simulation Resource (NMSR) is located within
the Medical School's Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology.
Funded by the NIH Center for Research Resources (Grant P41-RR01632), the
purpose of the Resource is to promote Monte Carlo simulation of structured
micropopulations in biomedical research. The emphasis is on development of
simulation and analysis methodologies and software tools, with broad
application to studies in epidemiology, genetics and demography."

I would like to help NMSR to make contacts with other geneticists/
programmers/linkage analysts.  Please contact me by email.

Thanks,

Mike

Michael B. Miller, M.S., Ph.D.
Department of Psychiatry (Box 8134)
4940 Children's Place,  St. Louis, MO 63110
WWW Homepage: ftp://sirronald.wustl.edu/pub/mbmiller/mike.htm