cyrillic program problem

Mike Miller mbmiller at SIRRONALD.WUSTL.EDU
Tue Dec 26 17:40:48 EST 1995

Dr. Bufill sent me the following information and permission to post it to
this newsgroup.  Mike M.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 1995 12:13:37 -0500
From: Jose A. Bufill <jabufill at skyenet.net>
To: Mike Miller <mbmiller at sirronald.wustl.edu>
Subject: Re: cyrillic program problem

Dear Dr. Miller:

The program is called "Genescape". We've been using it for a few months
and have found it to be quite good. It allows you to construct pedigrees
very quickly, and we've found that it's much more "intuitive" to use than
Cyrillic. The program not only draws the pedigree, but also includes
large-capacity, relational database capabilities built in to the drawing
program. You don't have to have a separate database program like you need
with Cyrillic. You elicit the individual's data by double-clicking on
their icon on the drawing. The data base also includes the ability to scan
in photos, DNA blots, histopathology slides or any image you want into the
individual's data set. On the flip side, we needed to upgrade our computer
system to include a Pentium-based machine, since it runs too slowly on a
486-based machine. Once on the Pentium, it was very fast.

Another person to contact regarding technical aspects of the program is
David Deram (e-mail:76513.1212 at compuserve.com).  The e-mail of Mike
Brammer is 74001.2651 at compuserve.com.

Joe Bufill, M.D.