LOD score too high - answers

Mike Morris mike at medsun.unige.ch
Fri Feb 3 10:43:05 EST 1995

  You may remember I posted this query a few days ago (if you don't
remember, you are probably not interested!).
  Thanks for all your answers - the group is read by a lot more
people than you might suspect!

  To remind you, when testing a disease against two closely-linked
(to each other) markers, using MLINK, I got:
	1 (disease), 2	lod = 4.7
	1, 3		lod = 2.7
	1, 2, 3		lod = 16!

  The consensus was (which makes perfect sense - I was simply ignorant)
that the third value is "Ott's generalized lod score", which is based
on the probability of ALL THREE LOCI BEING LINKED versus ALL 3 BEING
UNLINKED. And I know that 2 of them are linked.

  So there you are! Thanks, folks

	Mike Morris

Division of Medical Genetics       tel (Switzerland) (22) 702.56.94
CMU, University of Geneva          fax (Switzerland) (22) 702.57.06
Geneva, Switzerland                email mike at medsun.unige.ch