Haplotyping Programs

Daniel E. Weeks dweeks at watson.hgen.pitt.edu
Sun Jun 4 11:01:57 EST 1995

We are pleased to announce that our haplotyping programs SIMCROSS and
SIMWALK are now available in the pub directory by anonymous ftp to
watson.hgen.pitt.edu (url: ftp://watson.hgen.pitt.edu/pub ).  These
are programs for generating optimal haplotype configurations on
general pedigrees using a likelihood-based approach to correctly
take intermarker recombination fractions into account.

These two programs are described briefly in our Letter to the Editor
which just appeared in the June issue of the American Journal of
Human Genetics:

 Weeks DE, Sobel E, O'Connell JR, Lange K (1995) Computer
 programs for multilocus haplotyping of general pedigrees.
 American Journal of Human Genetics 56:1506-1507.

and are described in depth in the forthcoming article:

 Sobel E, Lange K, O'Connell JR, Weeks DE (1995) Haplotyping
 algorithms. In: Speed TP, Waterman MS (eds) Genetic mapping
 and DNA sequencing. Springer-Verlag, New York, in press.

If you have any questions or comments regarding these two programs,
please feel free to contact me.

-- Dan Weeks --
________________________________
 Daniel E. Weeks, Ph.D.
 The Wellcome Trust Centre     Department of Human Genetics
 for Human Genetics            University of Pittsburgh
 University of Oxford          Crabtree Hall, Room A310
 Windmill Road                 130 DeSoto Street
 Oxford OX3 7BN                Pittsburgh, PA 15261
 United Kingdom                USA

 (+44) 1865 740 043 (desk)          1 412 624-5388 (desk)
 (+44) 1865 742 441 (main)          1 412 624-3066 (secretary)
 FAX: (+44) 1865 742 196       FAX: 1 412 624-3020
 daniel.weeks at well.ox.ac.uk    dweeks at watson.hgen.pitt.edu