marker number??

Timothy R Jackson tjackson at uoguelph.ca
Wed Jun 28 22:01:31 EST 1995

Timothy R Jackson (tjackson at uoguelph.ca) wrote:
: what is an easy way to estimate the number of markers needed to map a
: genome at a given interval.  i'm just looking for something quick and
: dirty.  also, my advisor says that, theoretically, one chromosome arm
: should equal 1 Morgan.  is this valid?  there are published linkage
: groups out there that are over 100 cM!  that's 10 Morgans!  thanx in advance.
: tim
just to correct myself (it's late, mid-week - that's my excuse!), 100 cM
doesn't equal 10 Morgans.  there are still linkage groups out there over
1 Morgan and my question still stands.
tim