Company making SSLP primers for genome mapping?

Shawn C. Baker scbaker at ucdavis.edu
Fri Mar 3 02:49:48 EST 1995

In article <3j4pa3$sqa at hobbes.cc.uga.edu>
bernhardt at bscr.uga.edu writes:

>      I'm trying to find the name and address of a company that makes SSLP
> (microsatellite) primers for genome mapping in Drosophila.  One of my advisors
> recently saw an ad of theirs, but can't find it.  This company makes these
> primers for a variety of systems, e.g. mammalian and Drosophila.  It *may* have
> been located in Alabama.  (Take this with a grain of salt.)
>      Anyone else have any idea what I'm talking about? :-)  Thanks much.
> --
> Matt Bernhardt
> University of Georgia                Fools multiply folly.
> bernhardt at bscr.uga.edu

I believe the company is Research Genetics.  I know they make sslp
markers for Arabidopsis, and probably Drosophila, too.  They recently
had a full page ad on the back cover of Science.  If you still can't
find it, e-mail me and I'll look up the address in our ordering
records.  I hope this helps.
--
Shawn C. Baker              Division of Biological Sciences
scbaker at ucdavis.edu         Section of MCB (Gasser Lab)