genetic inheritance software

Gerard Tromp tromp at
Thu Mar 9 12:24:54 EST 1995

Hello Stefano,

	The subject area that you are talking about is segregation analysis.
Generally it presupposes either random ascertainment or a defined ascertainment
scheme that allows one to condition out the bias. I know of two programs/program
packages that allow one to perfrom segregation analysis:

     1. S.A.G.E. -- Statistical Analysis for Genetic Epidemiology. Package is
available (at cost) from Dr. R.C. Elston at the Department of Biometry and
Genetics, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans.

     2. POINTER -- by Morton (and Lalouel ? I think). Not sure of the source for
the program.

Gerard Tromp, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor		Vox:	215-955-4487
Department of Biochemistry			215-955-4488
	and Molecular Biology		Fax:	215-955-5393
Thomas Jefferson University
233 South Tenth Street, Room 328	E-mail:	tromp at
Philadelphia, PA 19107