Best resource for locating markers?

Dean Flanders dean at lenti.med.umn.edu
Sat Oct 14 10:32:38 EST 1995

: markers closely linked to human disease genes. For example
: "What are the markers most closely flanking or within the BRCA1 gene, and
: where can I get a map of these in relation to BRCA1?"

I find the best place to start is with CHLC at www.chlc.org.  I start
with the framework and scaffold maps, then I focus in on an area with the
maps that give the likely order of markers within the framework maps.
However, another good source is obviously papers that have been published
mapping a paritcular gene, because these people have likely ran CEPH
families and detmermined order and location of makrers.

Any other tips or tricks in this area?

Cheers!

Dean