haplotyping

David Stivers stiv at hgc9.sph.uth.tmc.edu
Thu Aug 8 11:32:20 EST 1996

In article <4u83uq$hii at brachio.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE>, jea at ukrv.de wrote:

>I need a computer program to do haplotyping. CAn everyone help me.

Check:

Long JC, Williams RC, and Urbanek M, 1995. An E-M algorithm and testing
  strategy for
  multiple-locus haplotypes.   American Journal of Human
  Genetics 56:799--810.

Hawley ME and Kidd KK, 1995. HAPLO: a program using the EM algorithm to
  estimate the
  frequencies of multi-site haplotypes.   Journal of
  Heredity 86:409--411.

Excoffier L and Slatkin M, 1995. Maximum-likelihood estimation of molecular
  haplotype frequencies
   in a diploid population, Molecular Biology and
  Evolution 12:921--927.

But be aware that you must be certain that the sample complies with HWE.
See a hopefully upcoming letter in Journal of Heredity (Stivers &
Chakraborty), which I would be glad to send to interested parties
(electronically in LaTeX format or printed).

Regards,

David Stivers

David N. Stivers    stiv at hgc9.sph.uth.tmc.edu
Assistant Professor, Human Genetics, School of Public Health
UT-Houston Health Science Center, Box 20334, Houston, TX 77225
713/792-4680 (voice) 713/792-4615 (fax)