haplotyping

Daniel E. Weeks dweeks at WATSON.HGEN.PITT.EDU
Sat Aug 10 10:04:55 EST 1996

On 6 Aug 1996 jea at ukrv.de wrote:
> I need a computer program to do haplotyping. CAn everyone help me.

It depends on what you mean by 'haplotyping'.  I believe Dr. Stivers'
response referred to computing haplotype frequencies.  If instead you
are interested in inferring most likely haplotypes for codominant marker
data on pedigrees, see:

  Sobel  E, Lange K, O'Connell JR, Weeks DE (1996) Haplotyping
     algorithms. In: Speed TP, Waterman MS (eds) Genetic  mapping
     and DNA sequencing. Springer-Verlag, New York.

  Weeks  DE,  Sobel  E, O'Connell JR, Lange K (1995)  Computer
     programs for multilocus haplotyping of general pedigrees. Am
     J Hum Genet 56:1506-1507

(as well as the recent article by Sobel & Lange in the June 1996
American Journal of Human Genetics).

Our programs for haplotyping are available by anonymous ftp to
watson.hgen.pitt.edu (or on the EBI mirror site at ftp.ebi.ac.uk).

Also, the GeneHunter program of Kruglyak and colleagues performs rapid
haplotyping on small pedigrees.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,
  -- Dan Weeks --