David Stivers stiv at hgc9.sph.uth.tmc.edu
Wed Aug 14 09:43:22 EST 1996

In article <Pine.SOL.3.95.960810105131.9581A-100000 at watson.hgen.pitt.edu>,
"Daniel E. Weeks" <dweeks at watson.hgen.pitt.edu> wrote:

>On 6 Aug 1996 jea at ukrv.de wrote:
>> I need a computer program to do haplotyping. CAn everyone help me.
>It depends on what you mean by 'haplotyping'.  I believe Dr. Stivers'
>response referred to computing haplotype frequencies.

Yes, that is correct; haplotype frequency estimation from population
genotype data is the topic of my comments; however, the Excoffier program
also estimates haplotypes for individual genotypes.

Workers interested in pedigree analysis should see Dr. Weeks' comments.

David Stivers

David N. Stivers    stiv at hgc9.sph.uth.tmc.edu
Assistant Professor, Human Genetics, School of Public Health
UT-Houston Health Science Center, Box 20334, Houston, TX 77225
713/792-4680 (voice) 713/792-4615 (fax)