Automatic genotyping software

Peter Van Osta pvosta at
Wed Jun 26 06:42:42 EST 1996

We are using ABI-377 (and ABI-373) sequencers with ABi-software to do
genome searches.

Although there is a program called genotyper available from ABI (running
on Mac) I am looking for a program that would accept ABI-data from the
Mac and that could do the genotyping on Unix (Linux 2.0.0 / Slakware

Our Macs are linked to the Linuxbox (ehernet) and I am using Netatalk to
tranfer data from/to the Linuxbox, so exchanging the data is not a
problem. Linux on PC provides with a powerful but cheap platform to do
linkage-analysis, but I want to improve the dataflow to the
linkage-programs by automating the data-transfer to the

Peter Van Osta, MD

please email.

Neurogenetics and Protein Chemistry
Department of Biochemistry