Problems with D5S392

Flemming Larsen flar at biobase.dk
Wed Nov 27 06:49:36 EST 1996

I am trying to type for locus D5S392 - but the primers for that locus
reported by GDB/Genethon don’t work. The primer sequences are
5’-TET-GCTATTCCCACAAAGGCA-3’ and 5’-GGCGGATCATTGAGTGC-3’, the primers
were synthesized by Osvel UK and the ann. temp is 55oC and Mg-con.
1.5mM. The product is analyzed on an ABI 373 DNA sequenaser. The only
products I get is two non-polymorphic bands with the wrong size. A
redesign of the primers did not help. Has anybody out there had similar
problems with D5S392?

Yours sincerely,

Flemming

--