non-parametric QTL analysis?

Paul Denny paul at har.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Jul 20 05:52:30 EST 1998

Hi

I'm trying to find a software package - preferably MacOS or possibly
WinNT (or at a stretch, UNIX) which performs non-parametric statistical
analysis e.g. an ordinal analysis. We have a phenotype which looks
nothing like the typical "normal" distribution - it's kind of a skewed
bimodal. The only thing we've tried so far is MapMaker QTL v1.9 which
uses a non-parametric statistic, but would like to try some alternative
approaches.

Paul
Paul Denny
Genome Group Leader
MRC UK Mouse Genome Centre & Mammalian Genetics Unit
Harwell, Oxfordshire
OX11 ORD, UK.

 Phone
 (direct)      +44-(0)1235-824535