Once Again, VERSION Problem : nc1202 GenBank Update

Mark Cavanaugh cavanaug at lagrange.nlm.nih.gov
Thu Dec 2 15:16:16 EST 1999

Greetings GenBank Users,

The nc1202 GenBank Update files contained seven records
which lacked the required sequence version number on the
VERSION linetype:

AF101896
AF101864
AF101873
AF101860
AF101879
AF101894
AF101876

The "downstream" fix to more thoroughly block these
data formatting errors (while we try to untangle
changes made to GSS sequence processing) wasn't
completed yesterday. And, as luck would have it,
7 more cases slipped through last night.

At least the trend is in the right direction: 20000,
then 2000, then 7. *sigh*

Patched GbUpdate files for nc1202 were installed on our
FTP server at 3:10pm EST on Thursday, December 12th:

  ftp://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genbank/daily-nc/nc1202.flat.Z
  ftp://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ncbi-asn1/daily-nc/nc1202.aso.Z

Once again, our apologies for the inconvenience that
this problem has caused. And our thanks to a user at
ZymoGenetics, Inc. for promptly reporting the missing
version numbers.

Mark Cavanaugh
GenBank
NCBI/NLM/NIH