NCBI FTP Address To Be Changed

Mark Cavanaugh cavanaug at
Mon Aug 20 14:32:36 EST 2001

Dear GenBank Users,

As has been mentioned in the GenBank release notes since August of
last year, NCBI's FTP address will soon be changed:

	old address:

	new address:

For the moment, the old address still works. But due to the volume
of FTP traffic at our site, we cannot continue to support the old
address much beyond October 15, 2001.

(In fact, if FTP traffic levels increase substantially, we may not
 be able to continue supporting the old address even that long.)

So we urge all users of the NCBI FTP server to switch to the new
address sooner, rather than later. Please contact the NCBI Service
Desk if you have any questions about this change:

	info at

Thanks for your patience!

Mark Cavanaugh

- gttaacaattaaagagtgtttatcgaaattcattatatagtggtttatatagaccacttc
- GenBank newsgroup see:
- GENBANKB e-mail: messages sent to genbankb at
- subscribe: e-mail biosci-server at with: subscribe genbankb
- unsub: e-mail biosci-server at with: unsubscribe genbankb
- GenBank on the WWW, see:
- problems with GENBANKB? E-mail moderator: francis at