GenBank Release 128.0 : Close-Of-Data

Mark Cavanaugh cavanaug at
Fri Feb 15 17:15:22 EST 2002

Greetings GenBank Users,

Close-of-data for the upcoming GenBank Release 128.0 occurred
on Wednesday, February 13, at about midnight EST.

The subsequently generated non-cumulative GenBank Update
files nc0214.aso and nc0214.flat contain data through
the close.

Our apologies for not sending this announcement in advance
of the close. A data problem had the potential of requiring
another close-of-data attempt, and we did not wish to announce
success until we were sure the problem could be resolved.

Mark Cavanaugh

- gttaacaattaaagagtgtttatcgaaattcattatatagtggtttatatagaccacttc
- GenBank newsgroup see:
- GENBANKB e-mail: messages sent to genbankb at
- subscribe: e-mail biosci-server at with: subscribe genbankb
- unsub: e-mail biosci-server at with: unsubscribe genbankb
- GenBank on the WWW, see:
- problems with GENBANKB? E-mail moderator: francis at