CDS sequences needed

pedrobeltrao pedrobeltrao at
Fri May 10 16:08:06 EST 2002

"Huaichun Wang" <hcwang at> wrote in message
news:abgrk1$emt$1 at
> I have a list of 5126 protein sequences with SwissProt ID or accession
> number that I want to get the corresponding coding sequences from
> Genbank, EMBL or other databases.
>(...) Is there a way to do this extraction of gene (CDS)
> sequence according to swissprot IDs automatically?
> Huaichun Wang

I guess the easiest way I see is to use PERL with BioPerl to go trough the
list and retrieve it. It takes a bit of time to set everything up and a bit
of practice with PERL but it makes tasks like that very simple.

- gttaacaattaaagagtgtttatcgaaattcattatatagtggtttatatagaccacttc
- GenBank newsgroup see:
- GENBANKB e-mail: messages sent to genbankb at
- subscribe: e-mail biosci-server at with: subscribe genbankb
- unsub: e-mail biosci-server at with: unsubscribe genbankb
- GenBank on the WWW, see:
- problems with GENBANKB? E-mail moderator: francis at