GbUpdate problems : May 10th - May 13th

Mark Cavanaugh cavanaug at
Mon May 13 18:45:55 EST 2002

Greetings GenBank Users,

Due to a hardware failure, the GenBank FTP site was largely unavailable
during the period of May 10 through May 13 2002 .

Backups of the FTP site content were only available through Thursday,
May 9, so we have manually (re)installed the following incremental

These files have all been installed with timestamps that reflect today,
May 13th, rather than their original creation date; we expect that
this will cause the fewest problems for software that automatically
transfers GenBank Update files.

Our apologies for the inconvenience that this problem has caused.

Mark Cavanaugh

- gttaacaattaaagagtgtttatcgaaattcattatatagtggtttatatagaccacttc
- GenBank newsgroup see:
- GENBANKB e-mail: messages sent to genbankb at
- subscribe: e-mail biosci-server at with: subscribe genbankb
- unsub: e-mail biosci-server at with: unsubscribe genbankb
- GenBank on the WWW, see:
- problems with GENBANKB? E-mail moderator: francis at