how to retrieve exons of Human sapien from Genbank

Staffa, Nick (NIH/NIEHS) staffa at
Fri Nov 14 09:45:24 EST 2003

> For known genes and/or sequence for which mRNA exists, the sequence is
> annotated with the exons described in the CDNA record, or the mRNA record
> in the super contig.   Most of the work that you could possibly do to find
> exons, introns et c. has been done for you already, and is annotated in
> the super contig.
> Sometimes genes can be found my finding their homologues in other species
> and using NCBI's blast.

Nick Staffa
Telephone: 919-316-4569  (NIEHS: 6-4569)
Scientific Computing Support Group
NIEHS Information Technology Support Services Contract
(Science Task Monitor: John Grovenstein, DIR)
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
National Institutes of Health
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina