FTP problem for GB Release 144.0
cavanaug at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Thu Oct 21 10:31:23 EST 2004
Greetings GenBank Users,
You may recall that we experienced a problem with the NCBI FTP site
at the time of the last GenBank release (143.0) .
The problem was related to the implementation of a new backup site
for some of NCBI's more crucial services. Newly installed data on the
primary NCBI FTP site was not reflected at one of the two backup
This problem has occurred once again, so we ceased directing traffic
to the backup sites at 5:57am EDT on Thursday Oct 21 .
If you attempted to FTP GenBank 144.0 between 3:00am EDT 10/20/2004
and 6:00am EDT 10/21/2004, there is a chance that the files you
transferred were from the previous release (August, 143.0) .
An easy way to determine this is to simply check the header of
the release notes ( gbrel.txt ). If the date is *not* October 15
and the release number is *not* 144.0, then you will have to
re-transfer the data files.
Our apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused.
- GenBank newsgroup see: http://www.bio.net/hypermail/genbankb/
- GENBANKB e-mail: messages sent to genbankb at net.bio.net
- subscribe: e-mail biosci-server at net.bio.net with: subscribe genbankb
- unsub: e-mail biosci-server at net.bio.net with: unsubscribe genbankb
- GenBank on the WWW, see: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Genbank/
- problems with GENBANKB? E-mail moderator: francis at bioinformatics.ubc.ca
More information about the Genbankb