[Genbank-bb] GenBank 168.0 Status Report

Cavanaugh, Mark (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E] via genbankb%40net.bio.net (by cavanaug from ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
Thu Oct 30 16:49:45 EST 2008

Dear GenBank Users,

October's GenBank Release 168.0 has been significantly delayed
by a multitude of factors, most of which were related to the
Feature Table and other changes scheduled for implementation
this month. An unusually large number of records were affected,
which caused processing difficulties for one of our systems.

The difficulties were finally resolved as of Monday October 27,
and we anticipate that the release files will be made available
later this evening (Thursday, October 30).

Our apologies for both the two-week delay, and for the lack of
prior status reports.

Mark Cavanaugh
GenBank
NCBI/NLM/NIH/HHS