Hot Papers for March/April (Contributed by J. Bone)--moderator

Graham Dellaire dellaire at odyssee.net
Thu Apr 17 21:37:44 EST 1997

Here is a list of "Hot Papers" for March and April.

If you wish to contribute to the Hot Papers list then e-mail me at
dellaire at odyssee.net and I will set up a web page for submission of papers
you (the readership of GenStructure) think are hot.  I could then post
these to the group twice month.

In any case here is a list of Hot Papers compiled by J. Bone from the
Chromatin Structure and Function Page (
http://rampages.onramp.net/~jrbone/chrom.html )
The k43 gene, required for chorion gene amplification and diploid
cell chromosome replication, encodes the Drosophila homolog of
 yeast origin recognition complex subunit 2.
Landis et al, PNAS 94: 3888-3892.

 mof, a putative acetyl transferase gene related to the Tip60 and
 MOZ human genes and to the SAS genes of yeast, is required for
dosage compensation in Drosophila.
Hilfiker et al, EMBO J. 16:2054-2060.

The binding of a Fox/Jun heterodimer can completely disrupt the
structure of a nucleosome.
Ng et al, EMBO J 16:2072-2085.

 Effects of Sin- versions of histone H4 on yeast chromatin structure
and function.
  Wescher et al, EMBO J 16:2086-2095.

Histone acetylation: influence on transcription, nucleosome mobility
and positioning, and linker histone-dependent transcriptional
 repression.
Ura et al, EMBO J 16:2096-2107.

Chromatin structure modulates DNA repair by photolyase in vivo.
Suter et al, EMBO J 16:2150-2160.

Histone H1b Phosphorylation Is Dependent upon Ongoing
Transcription and Replication in Normal and ras-transformed Mouse
 Fibroblasts.
Chadee et al, J. Biol. Chem. 272:8113-8116.

DNA damage can alter the stability of nucleosomes: Effects are
dependent on damage type.
Mann et al, PNAS 94: 2215-2220.

Silent information regulator protein complexes in Saccharomyces
cerevisiae: A SIR2/SIR4 complex and evidence for a regulatory
domain in SIR4 that inhibits its interaction with SIR3.
Moazed et al, PNAS 94: 2186-2191.

Enhancer blocking activity located near the 3 end of the sea urchin
early H2A histone gene.
Palla et al, PNAS 94: 2272-2277.

Interaction of a Swi3 Homolog with Sth1 Provides Evidence
for a Swi/Snf-Related Complex with an Essential Function in
Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Treich and Carlson, MCB 17:1768-1775

A Transcriptional Insulator Element, the su(Hw) Binding Site,
Protects a Chromosomal DNA Replication Origin from Position
 Effects.
 Lu and Tower, MCB 17:2202-2206.

Identification and Characterization of Interactions between the
 Vertebrate Polycomb-Group Protein BMI1 and Human Homologs
 of Polyhomeotic
Gunster et al, MCB 17:2326-2335

Xist has properties of the X-chromosome inactivation centre.
Herzing et al, Nature 386, 272-274.

Long-range cis effects of ectopic X-inactivation centres on a mouse
autosome.
Lee and Jaenisch, Nature 386:275-278.

A Polycomb-group gene regulates homeotic gene expression in
Arabidopsis
Goodrich et al, Nature 386:44-51.

Methylation of Genomes and Genes at the Invertebrate-Vertebrate
Boundary.
Tweedie et al, MCB 17: 1469-1475

An HMG I/Y-containing repressor complex and supercoiled DNA
topology are critical for long-range enhancer-dependent transcription
in vitro.
Bagga and Emerson Genes Dev. 11: 629-639

MeCP2 Is a Transcriptional Repressor with Abundant Binding Sites
in Genomic Chromatin.
Nan et al, Cell 88:471-481

 roX1 RNA Paints the X Chromosome of Male Drosophila and Is
Regulated by the Dosage Compensation System.
Meller et al, Cell 88:445-457

The Structure of Heterochromatic DNA Is Altered in Polyploid Cells
of Drosophila melanogaster
Glaser et al, MCB 17:1254-1263.

Cheers,

Graham Dellaire