How is DNA supercoiling in bacteria regulated.

daemon at daemon at
Thu Jan 30 16:13:46 EST 1997

I agree with you Martin, there MUST be a connection between intrinsic
sequence-dependent DNA shape (bent DNA), level of supecoiling (shape
induced by proteins, like topo....) and gene expression...
Someone just needs to illustrate this nicely...

I believe Chris Higgins and David Ussery work in this field.  They also
are located in the U.K.

All the best,

Ivan Brukner

brukneri at

Graham Dellaire			Snail Mail:
Faculty of Medicine		Institut du Cancer de Montreal
Div. of Experimental Medicine	Centre de Recherche
McGill University		Louis Charles-Simard
Montreal, Quebec, Canada	Montreal, Quebec, Canada
				H2L 4M1
Voice:(514)876 6936