"gene within a gene" ex. in Higher Euk ?

Graham Dellaire dellaire at odyssee.net
Thu Jul 10 19:16:14 EST 1997

Hello Jeff

An example of a gene within a gene in mammals would be the rag1 and rag2
genes which are convergently transcribed along the same stretch of DNA.

I tried to find a paper on the their gene structure but I am sure any
review will describe this.

for example:
Trends Genet 8 (12): 413-416 (Dec 1992)
Activation of V(D)J recombination by RAG1 and RAG2.
Oettinger MA

Cheers,

Graham Dellaire
Moderator GenStructure