Bromodomain alignment finally updated

Francois JEANMOUGIN pingouin at crystal.u-strasbg.fr
Thu May 29 11:09:28 EST 1997

	Hi all,
	 I finally found time to update the alignment of all the
bromodomains I was able to highlight in protein databases. In the
web page, only the msf file is updated. The bromodomain alignement
now contains 45 proteins and 64 domains. As for the paper, the Z helix
alignement was driven by secondary structure predictions. I have to check
for CEZK783_4 which seems to be quite divergent. The Z helix is not well
predicted for this protein. The new proteins are in upper case and
are in TrEmbl IDs (except for proteins bearing two domains, I have to
work around this problem...).
	An automated alignment slighly diverge in the Z-helix part,
trying to find hydrophobic repeats. I don't know which one of the
two alignments is "biologically correct". You can easily realign this
region using ClustalX (self advertising ;-).

	The alignement is at:
	http://www-igbmc.u-strasbg.fr/~pingouin/Bromodomain
	And ClustalX at:
	ftp://ftp-igbmc.u-strasbg.fr/pub/ClustalX/

							Francois.
--
Francois Jeanmougin     | groupe de bioinformatique / bioinformatics groupe
tel:(+33) 3 88 65 32 71 | IGBMC BP 163 67404 Illkirch France
e-mail : jeanmougin at igbmc.u-strasbg.fr
"C'est pas parcequ'on monte au banc, qu'il faut descendre a jeun."(Thiefaine)