Seeking resources: interorganism genome-size variations.

Sun Nov 23 14:38:59 EST 1997

For one hypothesis, try:

Martin, C.C. & R. Gordon (1995). Differentiation trees, a junk DNA
molecular clock, and the evolution of neoteny in salamanders. J. Evol.
Biol.  8, 339-354.

>I'm seeking data or other resources which address the reasons causing
>the large differences in genome size between diverse organisms (which
>appear not to relate to any obvious organismic parameters).
>
>Any clues, resources, etc. you can provide will be appreciated!
>
>Thanks,
>Dennis

Temporary address until Canadian postal strike ends:
Dr. Richard Gordon, Department of Radiology
University of Manitoba, P.O. Box 192
Pembina, ND 58271 USA
Phone: (204) 789-3828,  Fax: (204) 787-2080, Home: (204) 589-0411
E-mail: GordonR at cc.UManitoba.ca