BIOSCI/bionet miniFAQ & Fundraiser

G.Dellaire dellaire at microtec.net
Mon Oct 20 14:42:02 EST 1997

BIOSCI Administrator wrote:

 (LAST REVISION: 30-JUL-95)

 This BIOSCI "miniFAQ" is designed to answer the questions that come up
 the *most frequently*.  The main BIOSCI FAQ (Frequently Asked
 Questions) is accessible on the World Wide Web at URL
 http://www.bio.net/.

 If you can not find an answer to your question in this or other
 documentation, the BIOSCI technical support staff answers e-mail
 queries sent to

                        biosci-help at net.bio.net

 We can only answer questions about the use of the newsgroups and
 mailing lists.  We unfortunately do not have the staff to do Internet
 information searches or answer scientific questions.  Please post
 those to the appropriate BIOSCI/bionet newsgroups.

         Contents:
        --------
         0) BIOSCI NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT!!

         1) Using the WWW to access the BIOSCI/bionet newsgroups.

         2) What to do about "spams," i.e., junk mail, ads, etc.

         3) Examples of subscribing and unsubscribing to the mailing lists.

         4) The BIOSCI user address and research interest directory.

 0) BIOSCI NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT!!
 BIOSCI's government funding has been expended, and we are now