CANCER CELL/TISSUE RESPIRATION IN CULTURE

PradipG pradipg at aol.comAddtoAddressBook
Fri Mar 12 11:18:08 EST 1999

CANCER CELL/TISSUE RESPIRATION IN CULTURE

                 We have used O2/CO2 Respirometer (Micro-Oxymax) to
measure O2
                 consumption and
                 CO2 production in normal and cancer cell/tissue. The
results are very
                 exciting.
                 We could easily differentiate O2 consumption between
normal and cancer
                 cells
                 and suppression of respiration by anticancer agents.
Following cell
                 lines and
                 tissue were used for the experiment.

                 CANCER CELL/TISSUE:
                 1. Rat prostate cancer cell line (MAT-LyLu)
                 2. Human prostate cancer cell line (PC-3)
                 3. Rat prostate cancer tissue from MAT-LyLu cells
implanted rats.
                 4. Metastatic lung from MAT-LyLu cells implanted rats.
                 5. Prostate cancer cells exposed to anticancer agent,
gossypol.

                 NORMAL CELL/TISSUE:
                 1. Normal prostate tissue from rat.
                 2. Lung tissue from rats.
                 3. Adipocytes from normal rats.

                 If you are interested about this technology and the
observation, please
                 e-mail
                 your postal address. I will send you all information.

                 P.K. Ghosh, Ph.D.
==

Moderated
bionet.genome.gene-structure