Enzymatic or synthetic chitosan

AndreaMN andreamn at aol.com
Mon Aug 7 13:47:07 EST 1995

I am currently working on a project to locate new technologies for the
enzymatic or synthetic production of chitosan.  I know it is readily
available from crab and shrimp shells, but I am looking for a technology
which provides a more consistant product and is cost-effective.  I would
be interested in genetic sythesis of chitosan, down regulation of glucan
in fungi, or any other novel production.

I don't know if this is the right newsgroup for this question.  If anyone
out there has a lead, please pass it along.  Any stage of development or
research would be fine.  Thanks!! :-)