Endoglycosidase

Ralph Melcher melcher at mathematik.uni-marburg.de
Fri Aug 18 15:23:12 EST 1995

I am searching for an enzyme (or enzymes) with a specific cleavage side for
the ß-1-6-bound N-Acetylglucosaminyl residues (linked to the mannosyl core of
N-linked oligosaccharides), which defines tri- or tetraantennary complex
N-linked oligosaccharide-types. By the use of this type of enzyme-activity I
hope to be able to discriminate between N-linked complex biantennary and
tri/tetraantennary oligosaccharides respectively.

Beyont that, I want to know if there exist any inhibitor of glycoprotein
biosynthesis which has the property of specifically inhibition of the synthesis
of the ß-1-6-antennae or the ß 1-4-antennae of N-linked complex
oligosaccharides.

Many thanks