(none)

MIKE QUESENBERRY quese_m at JHUVMS.HCF.JHU.EDU
Fri Aug 18 12:48:45 EST 1995

Dear Dr. Kean (& others with the same question,

Glycobiology Vol. 5 (no. 2): 156 (March 1995) describes this newsgroup.
According to the article:

"[To subscribe from] America or the Pacific Rim, send the command (in the
body of your mail message--leave the subject line blank)

subscribe glycosci

to   biosci-server at net.bio.net

O.K.?  That's all you have to do to receive any new message that someone
'posts' to the newsgroup after you have subscribed.  You can 'look up'
archived posts, which is easiest with a web browser such as netscape.
You'll need to find the Glycoscience interest group home page to start
looking, and I always find it easiest to query any web search 'engine' for
'Barry Hardy', one of the founders (along w/ Ian Wilson) who is at Oxford
doing the 'maintenance' of the site, as I understand it.  The URL listed in
Glycobiology is gopher://gopher.bio.net:70/11/GLYCOSCI for archives.