OLIGOS ANALYSIS

Chun-Ting Yuen x3470 ctyuen at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Sat Feb 25 10:06:36 EST 1995

>Oligos analysis........posted by I Wilson

The group I am working in uses an array of chromatographic methods to
obtain/identify interesting oligos. These include biogels P2/4/6 etc,
sephadex, conventional hplc with variety of columns, Dionex and don't
forget about paper chromato and tlc though they are now rarely used.
My experience find they all have their own important place in the
strategy of purifying oligos. I don't think there is a perfect sys
to do it all yet.

People tend to stick to their own procedure I think the reason is simple:
lack of resource to get new equipment....Dionex sys/ columns are fairly
expensive....;lack of man power and time to develop/ adapt new procedure.
We are not badly equipped here yet I still find it difficult to cope with
many problems encountered in our research.....I need more machines and
more columns of old and new packings which are coming out fast....how
much you can afford to invest.

Time to go shopping.......it's saturday afternoon here you know.....
Talk to you all soon.

CT       Glycosci, MRC, Harrow, UK