2D PAS

Aida Cancel axc19 at psu.edu
Sat Jan 14 19:22:20 EST 1995

I have been trying to use PAS staining to detect glycoproteins in 10-17.5%
(1.5 mm) 2D SDS-PAGE gels of seminal plasma proteins...needless to say,
without success.  I have tried 4 different protocols (including doing the
staining after transfer of the proteins to nitrocellulose).  My problem is
that there is little or no color development.  I am loading lots and lots of
protein...and for a fact I know that many of these are extensively modified
and have carbohydrates attached.  Can anyone help me?  Any recommendations?

(Please send reply to axc19 at psu.edu)

Thanks,
Aida