FIRST ELECTRONIC GLYCOSCIENCE CONFERENCE: YOUR INPUT
bhardy at convex.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 19 07:41:10 EST 1995
FIRST ELECTRONIC GLYCOSCIENCE CONFERENCE: A consulting with community members
PLEASE answer and reply to bhardy at convex.ox.ac.uk with subject
heading: GIG: CONFERENCE INPUT. (The subject heading is very
helpful to me in sorting through the mail.)
In organizing the FIRST ELECTRONIC GLYCOSCIENCE CONFERENCE we would
like to consult with everyone so that you can all have a chance
to have some input to enhance the event for the benefit of everyone.
An organizing committee is currently being formed. We will continue to
accept further offers of volunteer help or aid. There follows a short
questionaire which I hope you can take the time to fill out.
PLEASE RETURN before Feb 7.
Following digestion of your responses we anticipate posting a full
announcement later in February.
Barry J. Hardy
***************** CUT HERE **********************************************
FIRST ELECTRONIC GLYCOSCIENCE CONFERENCE - a short questionaire. Jan '95.
Background and Approach:
The conference will be held on the Net and World Web in late '95.
It will last for approximately four weeks thus allowing plenty of
flexibility to accomodate differing schedules.
We envision the conference having a diverse area of topics. We also
see the event as having broad participation by all glycoscientists.
We would like to encourage extended abstracts of papers that will
explain the work in language that general scientists will find
accessible. The presented papers will be refereed and published.
Here are the questions:
1) Q: Please choose a preferred month for the conference:
September, October or November.
2) Q: Are you likely to participate in this event (Yes or No)?
3) Q: Are you likely to present a paper (Yes or No)?
4) Q: Below is a selected list of session topics. Please indicate which
number your probable paper would best fit into. If there is no
appropriate section please suggest another section name.
3. Primary Structure Determination
5. Organic Synthesis
6. Glycomolecular Modeling and Design
8. Polysaccharides, Cellulose
9. Proteoglycans and Glycosaminoglycans
11. Carbohydrate Biotechnology
13. General Glycobiology
15. Physical Organic Chemistry
17. Glyco-related Computation and Informatics
A: My likely Section Number is:
A: My other section name is:
5) Q: Do you have access to World Wide Web (Yes or No)?
6) Q: Other comments and suggestions (Try and keep to a paragraph):
More information about the Glycosci