Complex Carbohydrates as anti-infectives

chris wilkes cwilkes at
Tue May 23 11:15:34 EST 1995

In article <3pb8fd$8ed at>, mpartsch1 at
(Mpartsch1) wrote:

> Anyone with suggestions or ideas as to oligosaccharides which are known
> recognition sites for pathogens please let me know.  Thanks!

   Specific carbohydrates are responsible for many bacterial infections,
in plants and animals. Also, viruses recognize carbohydrates (influenza, for
example). I'm not completely sure what your asking...but there doesn't seem to
be any common motif with which pathogens interact.