Serum Glycoproteins

Steven Pirie-Shepherd srps at galactose.mc.duke.edu
Wed Nov 1 13:35:52 EST 1995

Ian McFarlane (imcfarlane at ninewells.dundee.ac.uk) wrote:
: Does anyone know of a quick and ideally easy way to purify sialoglycoproteins
: from serum. Is their an ion exchange method eg DEAE or a precipitation method,
: I seem to remember reading something about tungstante or vanadate or
: something. Basically what I am trying to achieve is removal of serum albumin
: friom the serum so I can look at the sialoglycoproteins by themselves.

:                               Thanks In Advance           Ian Mc

--

You can remove serum albumin easily by using Affi-Gel Blue or CibaCron
Blue agarose. the blue dye is a ligand for albumin. Wash you column in 1M

Steven Pirie-Shepherd
srps at galactose.mc.duke.edu
"Insert your own pithy phrase just about here!"