Post doctoral position available

Svein Haavik svein.haavik at
Mon Nov 13 03:33:49 EST 1995

There is a one year post doctoral position available at Laboratory of
Biotechnology, University of
Bergen from January 1996. The post doctoral fellow will conduct research in
the EU human and mobility network: "Structure and function of carbohydrate
chains of glycoproteins". This network is a collaboration between 5
European laboratories on studies of structure and function of the
oligosaccharide chains of allergenic glycoproteins and tumor related
mucin-type glycoproteins. The research performed in Bergen will focus on
isolation and characterization of tumor related mucin-type glycoproteins.
In particular we want to study the glycosylation (e.g. sialylation) of the
carcinoma associated glycoprotein epiglycanin. The other participating
laboratories in this network are: Elizabeth Hounsell (London), Jane Oates
(Utrecht), Manuel Martin-Lomas (Madrid) and Berit Smestad Paulsen (Oslo).

If you are interested I will be glad to send you more information about our
work, the EU-network, Norway, salary etc.

Svein Haavik,
Laboratory of Biotechnology,
N-5020 Bergen, NORWAY.
Tel.:+ 47 55 54 45 26, Fax.:+47 55 31 49 52
E-mail: svein.haavik at