Synthetic carbohydrates

Angela R. Karash carbchem at mcs.net
Thu Oct 12 07:33:28 EST 1995

On Thu, 12 Oct 1995, Dr Hugo Norberto caro wrote:

> In article <646je611 at idehu.edu.ar>, irina at idehu.edu.ar (Irina Mathov) wrote:
>
> > Dear Netters
> > Does anyone knows about commercial carbohydrates or someone who makes it for
> > you?
> > I am looking for two different ones, not available from Sigma nor other
> > sources known by me.
> > Here they are:
> >
> > GalB1-4GlcNAcB1-3GalB1-4GlcNAcB1-3GalB1-4Glc
> >
> > and
> >
> > GalB1-4GlcNAcB1-3 \
> >                    GalB1-4GlcNAcB1-3GalB1-4Glc
> > GalB1-4GlcNAcB1-6 /
> >
> > These ones are known as antigen i and I, respectively. I hope someone could
> > help.
> > Please answer to irina at idehu.edu.ar
> > Thanks a lot,
> >

> >                                         Irina Mathov
> >                                         irina at idehu.edu.ar
>

> Hi Irina. I suppose It won't be that easy. Did you try Oxford Glyco
> Systems???

Oxford glycosystems doesn't list exactly these oligos but the
Lacto-N-neohexaose contains the biantenerry structure, ending in glc
rather than glcNAc.  They say that they have others available that aren't
in the catalog but they most likely are going to be VERY expensive.

The address for Oxford:

Oxford Glycosystems:     USA:   Cross Island Plaza
                                Rosedale NY 11422
                              PH: 1-800-722-2597

                         Europe:  Hitching Ct.
                                  Blacklands Way