Cyclic gluco-tetrasaccharide

cotegl at cotegl at
Fri Oct 27 10:56:07 EST 1995

We have recently described a novel cyclic tetrasaccharide of D-glucose
(Cote & Biely, Eur. J. Biochem. 226:641-648, 1994), and would like to
know if anyone in the carbohydrate chemistry community has any ideas for
using it.  We would especially like to collaborate with someone who would
like to study its ability to complex small molecules or ions.  It has
practically no internal cavity, so would probably not form inclusion
complexes similar to those of cyclodextrins.  We can only provide
milligram amounts at this time, and only if your idea is interesting and
has scientific merit.  Please contact me via e-mail or snail mail.

Gregory Cote
1815 N. University St.
Peoria, IL  61604
E-mail: cotegl at