Florescent substrates for glycosyltransferases?

Armin Sepp, PhD Armin.Sepp at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Sep 13 07:41:24 EST 1995

Dear Colleagues,
I have noticed that one can use commercially available AMC-labelled oligosaccharides as substrates
for glycosidase assays.
My question is whether there is any experience around with using similarly labeelled
oligosaccharides as substrates for glycosyltransferases. If yes then how far the label should
be from the reaction centre and what might be the optimal method for following the reaction, e.g.
TLC or HPLC.I am mostly thinking about assaying the activity  of  alpha- galactosyl transferase.

Thanks,
Armin Sepp, PhD
Armin.Sepp at bbsrc.ac.uk