Better method for deglycosylation...?

Wed Aug 28 12:23:06 EST 1996

>To:            glycosci at
>From:          kzhao at
>Subject:       Better method for deglycosylation...?
>Date:          27 Aug 1996 11:54:33 -0700
>The trouble to deglycosylate plant glycoprotein by the conventional
>digestion (e.g., PNGase F) may be the fact that there is a unique
>GlcNAc which almost blocks the activity of PNGase F.  I dont know if there
>is a 1,3fucosidase that can remove this sugar before you digest with PNGase

TFMS digestion is likely to work although there may be other effects on the
protein. Boehringer sells a PNGase A which cleaves a1,3-core fucosylated
N-glycans. I don't know if it will cleave the difucosylated core.

Chris West
Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology
University of Florida College of Medicine
Gainesville, Florida  32610-0235  USA
Ph 352-392-3329
Fax 352-392-3305
e-mail westcm at