alpha-glucosidase II

kzhao at BIOVX1.BIOLOGY.UCLA.EDU kzhao at BIOVX1.BIOLOGY.UCLA.EDU
Mon Feb 5 17:52:39 EST 1996

Is anyone out there knows how I can obtain the ER alpha-glucosidase II, either
as a purified or recombinant form.  I'd like to use it to confirm a high mannosestructure, Glc1Man9GlcNAc2, which was identified by MALDI-TOFMS.  I was unable
to cleave the species by maltase (alpha-glucosidase, from S. ceravisae), which
cleaves terminal alpha-Glc linked to many other hexoses, but not mannose.

Thank you very much.

Ke-Wei Zhao, Ph.D.
Department of Biological Chemistry
UCLA School of Medicine, CHS 33-257