Glycosci manual and apologizing.

Giorgio Spagnol spagnol at GALACTICA.IT
Mon Feb 12 19:18:42 EST 1996

I apologize to all if I'm posting too much in this newsgroup.
This is due to the fact that I'm a newcomer in this fascinating field of
I have a tranfected cell line which express on its surface a
recombinant, myelin associated glycoprotein.
Since glycosylation is fundamental for the in vivo functions of this
protein, I need to apprehend not only the tools to analyse its N-linked
carbohydrates, but also how to modify them, acting on the environment of
the cells which express it.
I would be  therefore very grateful if anybody could point me to a
complete, recent, manual to study carbohydrates and glycoproteins from
this points of view.
Giorgio Spagnol, MD
Research Associate
Institute of Neurology,