Second Electronic Glycoscience Conference - Announcement

barry hardy barry at bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 13 11:49:39 EST 1996

Second Electronic Glycoscience Conference (EGC-2) - Preliminary Announcement

The First Electronic Glycoscience Conference (EGC-1) was held in Sept-
October 1995 and attracted over 550 registrants and close to 100 paper
and posters.  We have reported on the event recently in the January
issue of Trends in Biochemical Science, 21, 31 (1996).

We wish to thank all who contributed to the success of EGC-1.
EGC-1 has acted as a springboard event for The Glycoscience Network
from which we are now planning a series of annual electronic
conferences in the glycosciences and a glycoscience hyperglossary
project.

The Second Electronic Glycoscience Conference (EGC-2) will be held on
the Internet and World Wide Web from Sept 9 - Sept 20 1996.
Many of the activities which took place in EGC-1 in 1995 will be repeated
in EGC-2.  Additionally we will continue to work on improving the quality
of the event in both scientific and technical areas.

Papers and Posters can be presented on the Web during EGC-2.  Authors
may opt for permanent publication of their presentations either as a
regular journal article in a special issue of Glycoconjugate Journal
or on a CD-ROM on the Glycosciences.

EGC-2 will be an international conference which will cover a broad range
of disciplines related to carbohydrate and glycoconjugate molecules
including chemical, physical, biological and medical areas using
theoretical, experimental and computational approaches.

Conference subject areas will include Glycosyltransferases;
Glycoimmunology; Primary Structure Determination; Glycolipids;
Organic Synthesis; Molecular Modelling, Design and Informatics; Lectins;
Polysaccharides and Cellulose; Proteoglycans and Glycosaminoglycans;
Glycomedicine; Carbohydrate Biotechnology; Glycobiology; Crystallography;
NMR; Function of Carbohydrates in Biological Systems;
and Perspectives.

We welcome any comments or suggestions which will aid the success of
the EGC-2 event.

A detailed program including submission and registration details
will be posted to the glycosci newsgroup and the glycoscience
interest group mailing list later in March.

Barry Hardy
Iain Wilson