Carbohydrate detection on Westerns

Roy Jefferis r.jefferis at bham.ac.uk
Thu Feb 29 14:29:13 EST 1996

I would like to hear of experiences of detecting glycosylation of
proteins on Western blots. We have had variable experiences with
labelled lectins in detecting complex oligosaccharides of IgG
antibody molecules. In the present instance we want to determine
the presence or absence of oligosaccharide in the Fab fragments
followingregion of mini-digests of paraproteins. If a commercial
product has been found satisfactory please give source and details.
Thanks, Roy Jefferis, Dept. Immunology.