O-glycans: Prediction and database

Jan Hansen janhan
Wed Jan 10 10:23:26 EST 1996

We have previously made a sequnce based method to identify putative
mucin type O-glycan sites in proteins. This is documented in

Prediction of O-glycosylation of mammalian proteins: Specificity patterns of
UDP-GalNAc:-polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase, Jan E. Hansen, Ole
Lund, Jacob Engelbrecht, Henrik Bohr, Jens O. Nielsen, John E.S. Hansen, and
Soren Brunak. Biochem. J., 308, 801-813, 1995

The method is freely available on www:
http://www.cbs.dtu.dk/netOglyc/cbsnetOglyc.html
or by E-mail to netOglyc at cbs.dtu.dk
send the sequence and get the result.

We are very interested in feedback

The method is based on a database documented in:
O-glycbase - A revised database of O-glycosylated proteins.
Jan E. Hansen, Ole Lund, Jens O. Nielsen, John-E.S. Hansen and Soren Brunak,
Nucleic Acid Research 1996 24(1) 248-252.

The database is freely accesible on
www:http://www.cbs.dtu.dk/OGLYCBASE/cbsoglycbase.html
(also ftp)

Since we are very interested in expanding this database
we would be happy to know about new glycoproteins
with known sequence and 0-glycosylation sites

Thanks to the glycobiology socity
jan hansen
janhan at cbs.dtu.dk