Microplate assay for carbohydrates

Shantha Raju sraju at gene.COM
Tue Nov 5 18:13:35 EST 1996

Raymond McGuirk wrote as:

Dear Glycoscientists,

I am looking for a simple, sensitive and reproducable microplate
assay for free or bound hexoses and/or sialic acids. I am trying to
quantify the amount of carbohydrate being removed from a glycoprotein
with endo- and exo- glycosidase enzymes over time. References would
be much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,
Raymond McGuirk
Department of Biochemistry,
University College Dublin,
Belfield,
Dublin 4, Ireland.
E-Mail:- McGuirk at ollamh.ucd.ie
-------------
In Genentech, this is one of the aspect we are looking into. We are
presenting a poster on this subject at the Boston Meeting on
Glycobiology during the end of this month. If you have access to
interenet, you can look into our abstract. I would like to invite
Glycofolks to comment on this.
Thanks
T. Shantha Raju Ph.D.

--