Textbook: Carbohydrate Chemistry

D.Hardie dhardie at UVic.CA
Tue Nov 19 11:54:43 EST 1996

"Achim Recktenwald, PhD" <achim at ibex.ca> wrote:

>I am looking for a good textbook in carbohydrate chemistry.
>My special interest are glycosaminoglycans.

>Can anybody give me a good tip?

>Thanks in advance,

>Achim

Laboratory Techniques in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is a
series of books on a variety of topics.  One volume that we have in
our lab is "Glycoprotein and Proteoglycan Techniques" by J. G. Beeley.
It may serve your purposes.  I haven't looked at any other texts, so I
can't compare it to anything.  It is, however, a good text with many
useful techniques and a fair amount of general information about
carbohydrates.  It was published in 1985, so it's a bit behind the
times, but the techniques are still valid and we find them extremely
useful.  It'll run you about $90.

Elsevier Science Publishing Company, Inc.
52 Vanderbilt Avenue
New York, NY 10017
USA

Happy hunting, Dustin