Separation of tryptic digest

Steven Striepeke sstriepk at CRL.COM
Sun Oct 27 23:39:34 EST 1996

Boronic acid gel, which is sold through Aldrich and Sigma, might do the
job. The gel binds carbohydrates in the same manner as borate. Adsorption
and elution from the gel is controlled by pH; neutral or slightly basic
to bind the sugar or monosaccharide, acid pH to elute. Aldrich has a good
application sheet for the material along with a list of references.

You might also want to consider using enzymes other than PNGase F to
study the glycopeptides. There might be considerable heterogeneity of the
glycosylation of the peptides that could be reduced by digestion with
NANase (neuraminadase) and other exoglycosidases.

Steve Striepeke
Glyko, Inc.
HTTP://www.glyko.com